Miss Beazley, Second Dog under George W. Bush, has died in Texas

Miss Beazley, Second Dog under George W. Bush, has died in Texas
Article from New York Daily News:

Eric Draper/White House Photo Office George W. Bush gets cuddly in the Oval Office with Miss Beazley shortly after her arrival in 2005.

Miss Beazley, the dog who chased George W. Bush around the White House and often stole his presidential thunder, has died. She was 10.

The Scottish terrier was put down after a battle with lymphona, the former president announced on social media Saturday.

“She was a guardian to our cats, Bob and Bernadette, who — like Laura and I — will miss her,” Bush said on Facebook.

continues on New York Daily News

>>> Read the full article from the source

Dog Stuck Neck Deep In Mud Rescued By Police Officers In Willistown Township
Article from CBS Local:

By Todd Quinones

WILLSTOWN, Pa., (CBS) — Police officers rescued a dog after he was found stuck in the mud in Chester County.

You have to look closely to see the dog.

In the middle of the screen you can just see his head poking out of a mud pit that nearly swallowed him.

“We just knew we had to get the dog out of there. It was in distress. It wasn’t really moving a whole lot,” Willistown Township Police Officer Mike Kushner said.

“It just followed us with its eyes, so it was exhausted,” Willistown Township Police Sergeant Michael Martin said.

The officers used some boards just to get to Pluto, a 13-year-old Australian Sheppard that had been missing for two and half days.

“I just pictured my own dog and what I would want somebody to do and that’s to go get it,” Kushner said.

It took the strength of both men to be able to pull him out of the muck.

And when they did, it still wasn’t clear if Pluto was going to live.

“I was frantic,” dog owner Sheila Shorr said.

On her third day of looking, Shorr found Pluto in a two-foot deep mud pit right near a creek not too far from home.

“It looked dire,” she said.

Shorr believes Pluto must have fallen into the mud pit right away; otherwise he would have come home that first night. That means the 13-year-old dog spent roughly 60 hours e…………………continues on CBS Local
>>> Read the full article from the source


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *